In this article, we are going to learn about some basic information like what is java, Uses of Java, History of Java, features of java, Components of java, Advantages, and Disadvantages of Java.
because before learning to programs, everyone needs to know a little bit of basic information about that Language.
What is Java?
Java is object-oriented programming. but in this language are using advanced and simplified features. and it is free to access and will run on all platforms such as – Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and Solaris. this Language was developed by James Gosling at Sun Microsystems through the early 1990s.
What are the Uses of Java?
with the help of this language. We can create complete applications. that may run on a single computer and also distributed servers and clients in any network. and also it can be used to build a small type of application module or applet for use as part of a webpage.
- You are able to combine this programming language with a lot of technologies. such as Node Js, Android, J2EE, Spring, Hadoop, etc.…
- You might also build robust, scalable, portable, and dispersed full-fledged applications with the help of this language.
- and also it promotes constant integration and testing using programs like Selenium.
Here Are Some Examples of applications List which are Stands on this Language:-
- Online Banking: All transaction management systems work based on this language.
- Hospitals: All Health computerized machine functions are also work based on this language.
- Retail & shopping: Billing application System that you see in any shops/restaurants.
- Android: Most of all Applications are either written in Java or use Java APIs.
- Scientific and Research: Datastore applications which are Store huge amounts of data.
- And much More because java is everywhere around us.
History of Java Language?
Let’s discuss a little bit about basic History. The Java language was developed by James Gosling with his colleagues at Sun Microsystems during the early 1990s. it had been called a Project’Oak‘. that had implementations like C and C++.
The name was later chosen after sufficient brainstorming and is based on the name of a Java 1.0.. and the initial version was released in 1995 with the tagline of ‘write once, run Anywhere‘.
Now Oracle Corporation is the present owner of the official SE platform. After its acquisition of Sun Microsystems on January 27, 2010.
This implementation is based on the first implementation from Sun. The Oracle implementation can be obtained for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and Solaris.
Must Read:- Interview Questions with Answers
What are the features of java?
Here we already know, this is the most popular language. because it is a Simple, Portable, object-oriented, Dynamic, Robust, Interpreted, multithreaded, platform-independent, and most Secure Programming Language.
- Simple: it has made life easier by removing all the complexities. such as pointers and operator Overloading as you see from C++.
- Portable: it is platform-independent. which means any application written on one platform Could be easily ported to another platform.
- Object-oriented: Everything is considered to be an”object“. which possesses some state and behavior. and all the operations are done with these objects.
- Dynamic: It has the ability to adapt to an evolving environment that encourages dynamic memory allocation due to that memory wastage is reduced. and the performance of the application is raised.
- Robust: it has a powerful memory control system. It assists in eliminating errors as it assesses the code through the runtime and compiles.
- Interpreted: it is compiled to bytecodes. which can be translated by a Java run-time environment.
- Multithreaded: The Java system is made with multithreading capabilities built into the language. That means you can build applications with many concurrent threads of action resulting in interactive and responsive applications.
- Platform-independent: the code is compiled into the intermediate format (bytecode). which may be executed on some other apparatus for which JVS is ported.
- Secure: it is designed with lots of security features built into the language and runtime system. such as static type at compile time and runtime checking. which Allow You to create Programs that Can Not be invaded from External
Must Read:- programming Questions with Solutions
How Many Components of java?
A Programmer writes code in a human-readable language, known as Source Code. The CPU or Computers Chips don’t understand the source code written in any programming language.
Computers understand only Machine Code (byte code). These machine codes run at CPU degree hence, it would be different machine codes for different models of CPU.
We don’t need to worry about the machine code, as programming for us is about the source code. To assist the machine to understand the source code. it has to be converted into a machine level language, that’s executable code.
All these functionalities occur inside after 3 Components of Java Programming Language:
- (JVM) Java Virtual Machine.
- (JRE) Java Runtime Environment.
- (JDK) Java Development Kit.
What is the Advantages of Java?
We also know every coin has two sides. similarly, it cannot run away from reality, and therefore, it has also got its limitations and benefits. In this article, we will try to know about the advantages. That will help you get a clear vision of the language.
Here is some following advantages of java:-
- This is a Simple programming Language as compared to others.
- Also, it is an Object-Oriented Programming language.
- it is a secure language.
- it is cheap and economical to maintain.
- This is a platform-independent programming language.
- Also, it is a high-level programming language.
- it provides Automatic Garbage Collection.
- also supports Multithreading.
- this one is stable.
- This is a distributed language.
- and it provides an efficient memory allocation strategy.
What is Disadvantages of Java?
Before start learning or working upon any programming language. you must know its strengths and weaknesses, so you can use the very best things from it, and prevent causing the conditions that depict the awful aspect of the language. also got some downsides you ought to know before starting over.
Here are some following disadvantages of java:-
- slow and has poor performance.
- it does not provide an attractive look at the GUI.
- provides no backup facility.
- also requires significant memory space.
- Verbose and Complex codes.
Here is Some Basic FAQ about it?
Q. Is it free to download?
Ans: Get the most recent version in java.com.
Q. Why should I update to the hottest version?
Ans:- The Hottest version Includes significant enhancements to improve, the functionality, Equilibrium, and safety of the applications. that run in your own machine. Installing this free upgrade will make sure that your applications continue to run smoothly and economically.
Q.I have discovered the conditions of Virtual Machine and JVM. Can this software?
Ans:- The Virtual Machine is just 1 element of software that’s involved in web interaction. The Virtual Machine is built directly into your software download and also assists run software.
Q. What’s Plug-in software?
Ans:- The Plug-in software is a part of the Runtime Environment (JRE). The JRE allows applets written in the programming language to run within different browsers. The Plug-in software isn’t a standalone application and can’t be installed individually.
Conclusion:- it is one of the most popular languages on the internet. Here I will try to give you all answers regarding this programming language. this is only about basic information for a starting point. everyone needs to know before learning any programming language.
Admin Word:- Here I am trying to teach you, what is java, Uses of Java, History, Features, Components, Advantages, and Disadvantages of Java. I hope this will help you to understand the basic information of java language.
if you have any questions regarding this article please feel free to ask in the comment below of this article.
Checkout Our Quiz Section to improve you Knowledge:-
- online Quiz with Solutions
- Programming online Quiz with Solutions
- SQL online Quiz with Solutions
- HTML online Quiz with Demos
- CSS online Quiz with Demos